Dear Unitek College, Eagle Gate College, Provo College, Unitek EMT students and staff:
The health and safety of students, staff and community are our top priority. The COVID-19 situation is very fluid which requires us to make frequent changes as new information and recommendations become known.
We currently remain teaching all theory in online modality. At some campuses, we have been able to rotate small groups of students through the facility for hands-on skills lab, while following the mandates of size of public gatherings. We are also limiting access to the facilities for necessary staff and faculty (only those supporting students in the skills lab).
As an organization, throughout all campuses and offices, we continue to take the following preventative measures:
- Questionnaire protocol and temperature checks prior to entering the facility
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day a class is present on campus
- Wiping surfaces between classes throughout the day
- Other sanitary protections: antibacterial wipes, Purell stations, etc.
- For employees – limit travel to only trips that are completely necessary.
- For employees – using Skype meetings wherever possible in place of in-person meetings
We expect all employees and students to also take personal responsibility to mitigate the risk — washing hands, keeping distances, no shaking of hands or hugging, staying home if they are sick, and letting us know immediately if they have had a potential exposure.
Consistent with the recommendations of the CDC, to the extent you believe you have been exposed to, or may be symptomatic of Coronavirus, please contact your health care provider immediately and refer to the following Unitek protocol:
- If you are ill, please do not come to work or school and contact your health care provider. Symptoms of the Coronavirus include, fever (over 100.4 degrees), cough, and shortness of breath.
- Should you become ill at work or school, please leave immediately and notify your health care provider and supervisor.
If you are feeling well but have a household member who is sick with Coronavirus, please notify a member of our campus immediately for further instructions.